Every company nowadays has some sort of cloud strategy. For startups, it’s in most cases as straightforward as “just put everything in the cloud”, while most large enterprises have embarked on a major enterprise transformation program, gradually implementing cloud throughout the enterprise.
According to the Flexera State-of-the-Cloud report :
- 80% is running some business solutions in the cloud, and the other 20% are at least experimenting with cloud.
- COVID seems to be an additional accelerator in this trend due to the increased demand due to home/remote work, and the launch and increased usage of online services (think online orders).
Taking into account that Belgian companies are often a bit lagging behind in the adoption of IT trends or new technologies, the figures may shift a bit more towards the experimenting phase, but the trend is undeniable : cloud is here, and it’s here to stay.